The College campus is comprised of four buildings and two leased facilities with over 580,000 square feet on 7.4 acres in the heart of Brooklyn, a block from Prospect Park and the world class institutions Brooklyn Botanical Gardens and Brooklyn Museum of Art. Easily accessible by public transportation Subways 2, 3, 4 or 5 and buses B43, 44 or 49, sits the three main buildings at the crossroads of Crown Street and Bedford Avenue, also known as “Medgar Evers Lane”: Bedford Building, Academic Building 1, and the School of Business and Student Services. A block to the east is the historic Carroll building.
Bedford Building (1650 Bedford Avenue): The main building, a three- story structure built in 1988, houses the School of Liberal Arts and Education, Freshman Year Program, Differently-Abled services, the 500 seat Founders Auditorium, the Presidential Conference Center, lecture hall, labs and the administrative offices of the President and Provost. In addition, this facility provides classrooms, newly renovated computer labs, teaching labs, counseling and a student lounge. The Library has temporarily moved to the Carroll building until summer of 2014 while the Bedford Library undergoes a multimillion dollar renovation. A new Welcome Center transforming the face of the Bedford building will also be unveiled.
Academic Building 1 (1638 Bedford Avenue): This award winning architectural jewel with its prismatic glass edifice, opened in 2010 celebrating the 40th anniversary of the college. This five-story structure is home to the School of Science, Health and Technology and features high-tech class rooms, seminar rooms, computer labs, instructional labs as well as 36 research and instrument modules for the physical and biological sciences, biology, nursing, and mathematics. Ample seating areas are provided throughout the building. The building also features offices for Admissions, Information Technology Services (IT), and Public Safety. A glass pavilion Skylight Café with a 246 seat dining hall; an art gallery, the 100 seat Edison O. Jackson Lecture Hall, all provide for making this a building of destination.
School of Business and Student Services (1637 Bedford Building): This three-story building opened in 2006 and is home to the School of Business and offices for Student Affairs, Enrollment Management, Registrar, Career Development, Financial Aid, Student Government, Adafi, Health Services and Bursar. Additionally, it provides classrooms, a newly renovated computer lab and the Mary Pickett 74-seat lecture hall.
Carroll (1150 Carroll Street): This historical building is a four-story building originally built for the Brooklyn Preparatory School in 1906. Medgar Evers College took over this building in 1972 and is now home to the gymnasium, a newly renovated indoor pool, weight room, game room, computer labs, teaching labs, class rooms, TV and Radio studios. It also contains administrative offices and the Child-Care Center. The Library is temporarily located here until its newly renovated and expanded space is completed in summer of 2014.
Portables (accessed through the Carroll building): Fourteen recently renovated modular buildings contain classrooms, Athletic Department offices and a Solar Training Lab.
Eastern Parkway (391 Eastern Parkway/1534 Bedford Avenue): This space contains the administrative offices for School of Professional and Continuing Education.